Friday, September 24, 2010

I love autumn... when it's cold

I've been busy, and not feeling so well. The weather knocks me out when its cold one day and hot the next... This is what I've been working on.

I have upcoming shows I'm participating in every month and a bunch of projects in the works.

Septemper 25th, 2010 The Voices for Umoja's "Raising Voices" Benefit Art Show. 1pm-5pm LA Daylight Studios, Downtown LA. 201 South Santa Fe Avenue #301. Los Angeles, CA

October 14th, 2010 Chelsea Greene Lewyta Solo Show at Beast. 238 Bergen Street. Brooklyn, NY. Time TBA.

November 2010 New York City, NY. Group Show. Date and location TBA.

December 2010 Ceres Gallery. 547 West 27th St Suite 201 New York, NY 10001. Date and time TBA.

-----

Currently Untitled, 30"x40" I'm working on a large piece for Beast. I plan two more the same size by the December show. It's not nearly complete, but it's getting there... need to stuff more rabbits into the lion and draw the fleeing souls.



Trying something a little different. I've executed the concept as simple as possible and tried to make inexpensive sell-able work. The idea originally was about individualism, but after reading this very moving report it shifted a bit to contemplating the woman's identity and where she can fit into her given society. It went along with my frustrating of not selling my more... 'adult' pieces and some events in my personal life. Blah blah blah, I could talk about how I got here all day. The title of the series of eight is 'Casualty'. I anticipate this work to sell, and if/when I do, the series will evolve. A new rabbit with a new name (keeping the first letter) will replace the sold rabbit, always keeping eight. It adds another dimension to what I'm trying to communicate.

They will be cut out into circles and mounted to white board.




Chloe, Anna, Sophia, Uma,
Aurora, Lydia, Taylor, Yumiko.



Some pictures from the Convergence show from August. This was at the Armory, the space was MASSIVE.