Monday, October 5, 2009

Working paintings, fearing eviction...

So here is what I've been working on. Planned to all go in the Twisted Fall show, but I was told " Nothing bloody, or noodles being eating out of a girls stomach or things of that nature." Hahaha. I think I might not put in the "Breast-Feeder" piece. I'm also including some other paintings I've done this summer that haven't gone to my TKAA shows. Also, update on the Twisted Fall reception. It is October 17th 5:30-7:30 and will be hanging everyday until December 17th. Check the previous post for more details.

"Breast Feeder" Since the last photo I repainted the deer because he looked retarded. Some details. This is about 85% done, just have to paint onto her face, clean up some things and draw over it with an array of pencils.



Currently "Untitled", but something about preteen violence (in response to American society). Well this didn't get very far.  This is a drawing printed out, on top of carbon paper, on top of my 18"x24" glorious pine wood panel. It looks stranger in the photograph because it isn't flat, but something is still irking me. Maybe because her feet are cut off... her hair is too poofy and her hand is too stiff. Gur :|



Digital sketch:

D